My fees are as follows (effective 2015DEC01):
- $10 per quilt for needle, thread and bobbins.
- I require a $50 deposit per quilt top.
- For a new client, I offer a 10% discount on your first quilt.
Edge to Edge – an all over design, from top to bottom and from side to side, with one colour of thread. It follows a pattern that is applied often in interlocking rows. This is the most economical way to quilt your quilt. See my Pantographs page for many samples to choose from. If you can’t find a design you like I can work with you to source one
2.5 cents per square inch (minimum charge $50)
Custom Quilting – uses a variety of techniques and patterns to highlight the uniqueness of your quilt top. In general, any technique that requires the use of a ruler, such as stitch-in-the-ditch (SID), or continuous curves (CC) is more expensive (minimum charge $50).
- 4 cents per square inch for light to moderate custom work (no SID, ruler work or background fillers)
- 6 cents per square inch for light SID or ruler work combined with custom techniques; moderate background fillers
- 8 to 12 cents per share inch for more extensive SID or ruler work combined with custom techniques, moderate background fillers; includes crosshatching, outlining applique, formal feathers.
Machine Basting – For home machine and hand quilters I can baste your quilt sandwich (using large stitches that can easily be removed) for $15 – $45 (depending on the size of the quilt)
Batting – I can provide Hobbs 80/20 batting for the same price as local quilt stores.