I just finished this today. The top was made by a member of the Edmonton and District Quilt Guild for one of their sponsored charities. I used edge to edge design Malachite and Glide thread (Linen).
For 2021, members of The Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild are making and donating quilts to Lurana Shelter. They offer safe refuge and life changing services to women and children who are victims of domestic violence in our community.
Sandi made this quilt top and I provided the backing and the free motion quilting. I used E2E design Malachite and Glide thread.
This is a quilt I made for our new grandson Grant Alexander. His Mom saw a quilt on Pinterest that she loved and asked me to make one for the baby. I think she did a great job picking the colours. They all go together beautifully. I used white Glide threat and a pantograph called Malachite.
This is the 3rd quilt that I have designed, pieced and free motion quilted to be donated to Quilts of Valour. I hope the recipient really enjoys it and knows that they are thought of and appreciated for their service. I used Cream Glide thread and Malachite pantograph.
Here is another quilt top that I volunteered to do the FMQ. I used an e2e design called Malachite because I think it complements the piece. Another reason I chose this designs because bargellos are made up of many small pieces and I wanted a design that has stitching close together to catch as many seams as possible.
I was deeply affected by the loss of so many people as a result of the Humboldt bus crash. The Saskatoon Modern Quilt Guild put out a call to other guilds across Canada asking quilters to make and donate quilts to give to people who had been directly affected by the crash. They asked for 200 quilts. I knew I wanted to help. Then I found out that one of the victims was member of a friend’s extended family. Instead of making a generic quilt for the group, I decided to make an quilt dedicated to the family who lost their son. I hope that it will provide some comfort to them.
The Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild got together for a sew day and made 9 quilt tops for the Bronco team survivors and family members affected by the horrible bus crash. I volunteered my longarm services. I used E2E design Malachite and Glide thread.