This is the second quilt that I have made to donate to Quilts of Valour (here is a link to the first one)
I used a poppy motif in the centre of the squares and in the border. I also did quite a bit of ruler work in the light border and between the squares. The front is so busy that it is hard to see the quilting. I like the design that it makes on the back.
I altered my label to add the Quilts of Valour logo.
Last year I offered my longarm quilting services to Quilts of Valour. People donate quilt tops and fabric for backing and they ask longarmers to provide the batting and longarm services for free. I received these two quilts in January. One is a very busy batik quilt so I used an edge to edge design called Dazzle.
The second quilt has a lot more background space so I chose to custom quilt it. Ironically the donated quilt top was from Quiltessential’s 2011 Block of the month program and I made the identical blocks (here is a link to my finished quilt).