I just finished 2 more quilts tops for Quilts of Valour. They give me a top and backing, I supply the batting, thread and then add the free motion quilting. On the Christmas charm square quilt I used Asian Maple and on the floral panel quilt I used Waterworld.
Quilts of Valour put out a call for longarm volunteers to help complete some quilts before Christmas. I took this lovely yellow and green log cabin quilt and used a new pantograph called Maple Grove which features Canadian maple leafs. I hope the recipient loves their new quilt.
I just finished the longarm work on my 3rd top for Quilts of Valour. They give me a quilt top and I provide the batting and the longarm service. This quilt proved to be a bit of a challenge because of all the 3 dimensional bling on numerous blocks. I used an edge to edge design called Waterworld because it reminding me of birds flying around. I hope the recipient loves their new quilt.
A few weeks ago I received this lovely thank you card from Lezley Zwaal the founder of Quilts of Valour Canada. It was a much appreciated and thoughtful gesture.
As a longarm volunteer for Quilts of Valour not only do I do the longarm work but I also supply the batting. In 2016 I have completed two donated quilt tops and I have another one coming to me to work on this weekend.
This is the second quilt that I have made to donate to Quilts of Valour (here is a link to the first one)
I used a poppy motif in the centre of the squares and in the border. I also did quite a bit of ruler work in the light border and between the squares. The front is so busy that it is hard to see the quilting. I like the design that it makes on the back.
I altered my label to add the Quilts of Valour logo.
Last year I offered my longarm quilting services to Quilts of Valour. People donate quilt tops and fabric for backing and they ask longarmers to provide the batting and longarm services for free. I received these two quilts in January. One is a very busy batik quilt so I used an edge to edge design called Dazzle.
The second quilt has a lot more background space so I chose to custom quilt it. Ironically the donated quilt top was from Quiltessential’s 2011 Block of the month program and I made the identical blocks (here is a link to my finished quilt).
I volunteered to do the free motion quilting for members of my quilt guild who made a quilt top for Our Lady of Grace. I recently completed these two quilts.
Ioleen pieced this quilt from blocks that were donated by guild members. She gave me the freedom to quilt it however I wanted to. As usual, once I get going on the longarm I can’t stop myself. Hopefully she will like it.
She also gave me this one to quilt. It was a very busy quilt with no open background so there was no point doing any extensive FMQ on it. I chose Swirl ‘n Twirl to accent the fabric.