Here is another quilt top that I volunteered to do the FMQ. I used an e2e design called Malachite because I think it complements the piece. Another reason I chose this designs because bargellos are made up of many small pieces and I wanted a design that has stitching close together to catch as many seams as possible.
I was asked by the Edmonton and District Quilt Guild to do the free motion quilting on one of their charity quilts. Instead of using an edge to edge design I decided to do a little custom quilting: feathers in the border and each block quilted uniquely.
I continue to volunteer to provide batting and donate my time to do the longarm quilting on quilt tops donated to Quilts of Valour. This is the 9th top that I have longarmed for them. I used Glide Khaki thread and e2e design Waterworld.
I had a little fun in the solid black squares on this quilt . I love when I get a charity quilt with some quiet background space. Instead of doing a pantograph I get to use my imagination and do some custom quilting. Its a win/win for me and the charity.
This quilt top was a little too busy for custom quilting so I opted for a pantograph called Maple Grove.
Quilts of Valour put out a call for longarm volunteers to help complete some quilts before Christmas. I took this lovely yellow and green log cabin quilt and used a new pantograph called Maple Grove which features Canadian maple leafs. I hope the recipient loves their new quilt.
A few weeks ago I received this lovely thank you card from Lezley Zwaal the founder of Quilts of Valour Canada. It was a much appreciated and thoughtful gesture.
As a longarm volunteer for Quilts of Valour not only do I do the longarm work but I also supply the batting. In 2016 I have completed two donated quilt tops and I have another one coming to me to work on this weekend.
Last year I offered my longarm quilting services to Quilts of Valour. People donate quilt tops and fabric for backing and they ask longarmers to provide the batting and longarm services for free. I received these two quilts in January. One is a very busy batik quilt so I used an edge to edge design called Dazzle.
The second quilt has a lot more background space so I chose to custom quilt it. Ironically the donated quilt top was from Quiltessential’s 2011 Block of the month program and I made the identical blocks (here is a link to my finished quilt).